Friday, March 25, 2016

Module 3 - Keeping up with my Learning Journal

Pair programming is more difficult for me than coding solo.  I appreciate that the driver is free to focus on tactical maneuvers when the navigator is observing strategy and prospective future issues, but it's difficult for me to 1) concentrate when working in front of others, 2) articulate what I am coding while I'm thinking it through, and 3) always interpret what others are writing, while they're doing so.  There's quite a lot of silent time, but that's OK.  I wonder if others share this perspective, find it a challenge, as well.  Of course, ultimately, it's helpful and worthwhile to have constructive, valuable feedback from the navigator.  Hopefully, with practice I will become more comfortable with this method of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment