Thursday, February 16, 2017

UML Diagrams

My experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams began with this program.  I had never encountered them in the workplace.  They're a nifty tool for visualizing the organization of an application and I'm now using the ones in Eclipse's side bar to better navigate through my programs.

I had never done multithreading in any language before this week, so that was neat.  We used Thread's run and sleep methods to pause one process for concurrent processing with another -- namely, the timer.

I didn't find patterns to be that helpful because our team had done a lot of encapsulation of the code we transferred.  It seemed to oversimplify it.  Yet, I wonder how that might change if I were to begin writing the program anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment